Long time, no post. I spent the last 10 days in Arizona visiting family and friends. I love staying with my cousin. He is great cook, one heck of a decorator and he likes to shop. What’s not to like? In keeping with my summer pledge to try new things I spent two days in Sedona. My dear friend from college planned a quick trip so we piled in the minivan, all 5 of us. I enjoyed the drive to Sedona, I love desert landscapes. On the return trip to we stopped at a landmark called Montezuma’s Castle. It’s not really a castle, but a series of rooms built into the side of a cliff. The dwellings were built to protect the tribe from attack by animals or other tribes. During my 10 days there, I was able to take her 8 year old to see “Brave”. Let me tell you, that girl can put away the blue slushie. I bought a large for her, not really expecting her to finish it, but that cup was empty by the end of the movie!
Random things I learned from this trip:
- Singing “Call Me Maybe” at the top of your lungs in a gay bar is really fun!
- It is liberating to drive down an interstate at 80 miles an hour listening to 80s songs on satellite radio.
- True joy is seeing the look on a 6 year old’s face when she gets a balloon.
- Somedays you just need a crown.
- You really can be friends with your family, not just because they’re your family but because they’re good people.
- When you see a friend after an extended period of time and it’s like no time has passed, that’s real friendship so hang on to it.